Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Envelope Quotation

I've been in printing for 30 years and this is a first.

I got a call for an envelope quotation today.

She wanted straight text in black ink printed on one side.

The size is 22-1/2" x 15".

I said something to the effect of "What?"

She repeated it and I said I'd never heard of such a thing and she seemed to think she might not be talking to the right person and I assured her that 'we have experts'.

And I went on to say again that I'd never heard of such a large envelope - at least not in use by the type of organization she was calling for.

She remeasured her sample and gave me the same exact numbers. And here's where the communication comes in.

When she sent her Word doc, with copy as a sample, I see that the rulers indicted something on the order of a 6 x 9" envelope.

Well, there we go. Now, we can quote the job. 

P.S. She's originally from South Africa and I think she must be using the centimeter side of the stick.










No comments: