Thursday, January 29, 2009

ER - D.J. Plays Retro

We were just up at OfficeMax running some copies. I see this design on the designers screen and I mentioned that he had vinyl spelled wrong in two places. Once in the text and the other in the swooshy logotype.

"Oh, how do you spell vinyl anyway?" he asked.
"The other way. " I said. "I know. I'm a professional proofreader."

Standing at another area of the counter was a guy waiting to have this job run out on an oversized plotter. The store clerk said to the guy that a customer had alerted him to the problem and it would have to be fixed. The other customer says, "OMG, how did I get that wrong?"

Wanna know where my business cards were? In the car. Anyway ... it as a fun exchange and I have the guy's number. I can call him with my business card info. For next time.


No comments: