Friday, January 23, 2009

Think, then write

My wife and I have been square dancing for a half dozen years or so now. Somehow, I cannot keep my mouth shut in the meetings. So, I end up volunteered.

The President wants to retire. No one is stepping up. I do not want it. I would rather spend my time writing to you. Here.

So, I thought we might take a peek at the duties and see if they could be shared.

The writing of the club guidelines has gone on for nearly forty years. They were recently re-written, as they have been for years, with a lot of copy and paste in the mix. When we take them apart and examine the duties we see that there might be some space for edits and alterations. New policies and processes.

This is what writing is about. Thinking first, then writing.
If you need some help thinking, editing, and writing, please call David at 800-642-9050. If you don't call soon I might have to be the club president. Please hurry.


No comments: