Friday, April 17, 2009

About the Doctor Dave caricature



In different times and places over the years, several people have called me Doc. Roger Rode (Roadie) was a professional caricature artist that air-brushed tee shirts at State Fair, etc. He had the eye for people. And this is how he saw me.

Besides the artwork, I got two golf tees and a sweatshirt; all long gone now.


As for my part of the trade, he requested fake labels he could slap on soup cans and sell to tourists at taverns along the Wolf River.

So, I typeset, laid-out and printed realistic
soup can labels for Crawfish Balls and Fish Assholes,
complete with ingredients and fine print, etc.

I am sure he had a good time up on the river.
I love telling the story. I'm having a good time, too.

The Doctor will see you now.

No comments: