Thursday, March 6, 2008

Do not add to the clutter, add to the community.


About two weeks ago I caught a link to Seth Godin and read a little something. I clicked up the CountyCat library system and ordered All Marketers Are Liars. I also noted that many, if not all, of Seth’s books are in the Milwaukee County Library system. Yaay Milwaukee.

Since that time (two weeks), I have read another 5 books. They are short and fast. There is some repetition, though not too much. Reading them went fast. Digesting them, assimilating them, putting them to good use is another story. Perhaps a self-styled study is in order. I took a few notes and pulled a few quotes. And before I put them back on the shelves I will scan them again.

Seth is talking marketing. He puts together great stories that bring the history of marketing and advertising to life. And he shows the writhing, painful birth into new media channels.

He is talking about defining oneself by dominating your micro-niche. He is talking about being remarkable. After reading his words, I say "Do not add to the clutter, add to the community."

No comments: