Thursday, March 6, 2008

Naming Rights

I am looking for a word. The word will be the name of my newsletter - email and otherwise. (Yes, I know they say everything is going online, but there's still a little need for a leave-behind. Especially if it's fun, or funny, or useful, or ...)
I wish that the word were both a noun and a verb. It can be both a thing/event or process. It can be the way and the destination.
It can be a command or challenge, as well as the compensation.
And I would like it to be useful to my medical metaphor - that Message Doctor hat I wear.
I was thinking about the word Remedy. Here's a sentence using the noun form and the verb form.
One way to remedy the situation is to discover a remedy.
Yes, well ... a trip to the old (new) Thesuarus might be helpful.
Mind you, these noun verbs below came from clicking around in the thesaurus. They are not all covered under remedy.
Thinking about the noun and verb forms will be helpful as you read the list.
eyeball
chart
record
show
sketch
review
outline
update
draft
practice
survey
interview
digest
prime
stock
clear
notice
witness
watch
Some of these words, while meeting the first requirement of noun and verb, do not fit the medical thing very well.
We think of writers writing. We think of them publishing, marketing, selling. Research is certainly a rewarding part of it.
Have I solved my puzzle yet?
No. And, if you have thought of the perfect word, please do tell.
email - Help at Your Message Doctor dot com

No comments: