Monday, January 7, 2008

ER - Short List - Emergency Room

Stuff like this pops out at me and I feel some need to comment on it. Also, truth be told, some small joy, as well.

• The sign on the pyschologist's door has psychology misspelled.

• I go to get a logo off a guy's 8-page website and on 6 pages his email address has a typo in the domain name. "No wonder I'm not hearing from anyone," he says after I tell him.

• In late 2007, a national hotel had a flyer to meet Santa, have brunch, etc. Herring and omelette were misspelled and, in the dates and times, the year was listed as 2008. Not that it was a herring omelette, but being in too much of a hurry to use the spell-check up in the offices makes me wonder if they’re short staffed in the kitchen. A side note: too many non-corporate fonts at use in the name. Ho, Ho, Ho.

• Around these parts a middle eastern grocery probably does not have to worry too much about competition, but I wonder why they don’t demand to have their business name spelled right on at least two of their signs. Holy Land and Holyland. Before they moved to their new location the delivery truck was lettered: Holly Land. Next time I go in I’ll pick up a business card. I wonder what it says. And, each one of these ‘designs’ uses different fonts and color combinations.

• I know. I know. I’ve spelled Milwaukee wrong, too. That’s why I have a Find-a-Typo Contest from time to time.

It takes so little attention to alleviate these problems. I don't know if calling this area the Emergency Room is actually appropriate. Perhaps we're doing a post-mortem in the morgue.

No comments: