Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ER - Sioux Fall, SD - Emergency Room

I was out at the first luncheon meeting of ABLE South yesterday.
ABLE is the acronym for Active Business Leads Exchange and South
means the southern suburbs of Milwaukee area.

I met a young gal there in graphic design and supporting services who
was representing the third branch office of a North Dakota firm.
She'd forgotten her business cards but followed up quickly with an
email with her contact information.

I went immediately to the website and saw that their South Dakota
Branch office has an address in Sioux Fall, SD 57109

Of all the waterfalls in the world I'd never encountered a singular
fall.

I wrote her back and said I think Sioux Falls, with a 's', is what is
needed. These things are easy to overlook.
I know I've spelled Milwaukee wrong on more than one occasion.

I told her I'd be very happy to proof and edit something for her firm
as a get-to-know-you gift.
The fine print says that I read your copy and make verbal edits over the
phone. It's about a half hour of time and it shows you any problems in your message.

You could take me up on such an offer, too. The Doctor will see you now.

No comments: